Sunday, July 8, 2012

Early July Ranch Ramblings - "A Tragic Comedy in Two Parts" (Part Two)

PART TWO - Ash and the Technologically Challenged Track

More and more I have come to appreciate the time spent in training "The Crew" - from stockdog work to tracking practice. Over the past week, the natural talents and skills of my loyal crew members continue to be put "to the test".


Miss Ash was "on her game", last Tuesday, when called upon to track down my cell phone that was lost on my neighbour's ranch for two days.


LESSON ONE to be learned: Do not put your only phone in a  jacket with shallow pockets when checking on neighbour's herd while your truck is stuck in a bog and you have to walk back through waist-high grass, roll under a cattle chute and forget where you had walked!  Keeping one's sense of humour and utilizing the work ethic of a canine companion will strengthen your belief in a positive outcome! Well, at least that's what Ash told me:-) And, "for the love of the land, she was right.

For fun, I went back to the proximate track to take some pics of the scene of the crime. Ash had picked up the scent of everywhere I had stopped or walked and found my phone in less than 20 minutes without any visual imprints of my steps. My beautiful "track star" saved me time and money! 

My easy, breezy "Track Star" Ash










Ash says "No worries Boss, glad to help you out."
CLICK HERE for PART ONE of Our Early July Ranch Ramblings

6 comments:

  1. OMG hilarious! Good girl! When you left us hanging I thought it was going to be about a thunderstorm or tornado so honestly I was glad it was about your phone, LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - we had the tornado watch but luckily it passed us by! Ash wanted to say thanks to her tracking instructor for getting us trained from the ground up! Your tips of the trade are certainly paying off!

      Delete
  2. Nice job ,Ash....next time tell you owner to put her phone in the car!! I hope you got a nice reward for your services !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ash said the same thing:-))))She did get a nice raw angus beef dinner compliments of my friend Denise!

      Delete
  3. Way to go Ash for helping Michelle out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go Ash! Hilarious - I'm guessing that the phone still works. Glad Ash reunited you with it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...