Friday, May 11, 2012

Richer Than Gold - Happy Mother's Day Weekend!

My "easy, breezy cover girl "Ash" hopes all the mommies have a great Mother's Day this weekend!

Richer than Gold

You may have tangible wealth untold;

Caskets of jewels and coffers of gold.

Richer than I you can never be --

I had a mother who read to me.

...Strickland Gillilan


Happy Mother’s Day Weekend to my beautiful mom, Sheila Marie in Ontario, who always read to me from the time I could remember. She inspired my passion for writing and art, so I thought the above quote was very apropos. My one-and -only dear heart daughter, Dominique Michelle also grew up with the love of books and art bestowed upon her from an early age. I can’t wait to see the both of you in June!

Happy Mother’s Day Weekend also to all my friends who are moms, and my two “Crew Gals”, Miss Cybelle "Bibs" ( first-time mom in 2008) and Miss Asherah "Ash" (first-time mom in 2010) .

I have so many books that I could open a library – it is hard to part with any of them. Miss Cybelle enjoys a quiet moment with a few of my favourite books. Below, she is contemplating which one will be suitable for her Mother's Day weekend.

Cybelle decides she will spend the Mother's Day weekend indulging in some quiet time as a bookworm
Cybelle takes a moment to consider her choice
Cybelle's "pick" is "Four Paws Five Directions" by Cheryl Schwartz. An oldie but a goodie. It is an excellent reference book for anyone interested in learning more about holistic approaches to animal care - from acupressure, diet, and herbal therapy for our four-legged companions. 
Cybelle decides to book mark the section on Massage Techniques" .....hmmm....I am guessing she is hoping for "spa" treatment this weekend:-)

Some "Mommy Pics" from my Crew gals: 


"Cybelle" with her two boys in 2008


"Ash" with her three girls and one boy in 2010




I am "Richer Than Gold" to be blessed with my lovely and talented daughter Miss Dominique Michelle





4 comments:

  1. Happy Mothers Day Michelle, Ash and Cybelle. We love to read too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mother's Day to you too Annabel! And to all your mama ewes with their new lambs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog post and I hope you had a wonderful Mother's day! Love you LOTS <3 - Dominique xoxo

    From Grandma: Thank you for the kind words. They were heartfelt and I love you very much! - Mom xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...