Thursday, April 19, 2012

“Working” Canaans Just Wanna Have Fun Too!


After the big Tracking event last weekend, "The Crew" has been enjoying some downtime on their land. Today was the first day in a long while that their kingdom has absolutely no snow! They enjoyed a day just being dogs - running to their heart's content, playing tag, and of course, always stopping to be on alert for predators on their land. Their new herd of free-ranging cattle will be arriving soon so now is the time for them to just have some fun before their ranch chores begin again.

Here are some pics I snapped on my lunch break of my awesome crew “Hey!“Working” Canaans just wanna have fun too!” 


Mr Happypants - "Rook" enjoying a day on the field
Miss Ash "calm and poised" before some serious tag time with Master Rook
Miss Cybelle "Bibs"- who will turn seven this year is the fastest Canaan I know! It is always hard to get her in slow motion:-) Who would of believed that this gal could "stand still" in a show ring:-) As a former show girl who garnered the very first group placements in Canada for her breed in the working group - she still moves with agility and grace, and is packed full of attitude - how I love her zest for life in everything she does - she is also my awesome cattle dog! 
Ash gets ready to surprise Master Rook!
Tag time with the dynamic duo - Rook and Ash - it is hard to get pics of these guys at top speed! 
Ash says " look, I am trying out my "bear" stance! 
Rook finds my hat that I left out this morning when I was picking up some pylons from the tracking event - thanks Rook!  I suppose a tracking career is also in the future for him! 
Ash finds some missing treats leftover from the weekend.
Rook takes in the beautiful spring day! 
Rook protects my hat while keeping watch over his land

5 comments:

  1. The photo of Ash waiting for Rook is Lacy Lue's pose!! And where Ash is after Rook's tail...Lacy Lue was doing that today with her friend Gus. 2 sistas a like.
    I'm not sure though that I have seen LL look like a bear!! Go Ash!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Annabel!
    Ash says "Hey, sistas think and play alike, especially when playing with the boys!"
    Ash also says she can send some tips to her sister LL in Montana on "how to posture like a bear when playing with a young bratty male!" I am unsure of the technique myself:-)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photo's Michelle - my face is definitely Ash's Bear stance. I think she's found some leftover bait from the weekend and is letting Rook now to back off :-)
    Unreal how much warmer it is from last weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh - how I hate auto-correct - should be "my fave" not face. However I'm sure I've looked like that a couple of times.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Fotina. I can't stand auto-correct either, especially on my phone! Ash's "Bear stance" was hilarious since she is such a calm and gentle girl. But, she does like to give crew member "Rook", a reminder once in awhile that he is still the youngest in the pack and has some growing up to do:-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...